Thursday, July 19, 2007

A jovial laugh at that!

I didn't like the latest AVGN review. It's not entirely because I've never played any of the Simpsons NES games, but in olden days he could make me laugh at games I'd never played before.

But this post made me laugh. A jovial laugh at that. Yes, ScrewAttack, remove those videos which are your property! And while you're at it, remove the videos that aren't.

I've been thinking to do an actual rant to explain to people why I dislike them. Maybe this weekend. It won't be a Michael Moore ChangeYourOpinion Extravaganza, but I'll lay it out on the line, and while you don't have to agree, there'll be no grey area about my opinion of them.

But yeah, did not like the AVGN's latest review, I only chuckled once at the six minute mark, and maybe one other time. A lot of my fanbase seemed to share my sentiments. But as I read the thread for it at ScrewAttack, I was a little shocked at how many people loved it. Now I'm sure half of those were because they had suffered anguish at Bart vs. The Space Mutants and Bart vs. The World before, but I'm pretty sure the other half were just blind fanboys who love hearing "fuck, fuck, dookey, dogshit, diarehhia, X is my ass and Y is my balls" over and over.

But that's the difference between our fanbases, I guess. Mine seem to enjoy the more articulate (and sometimes positive) reviews I've been putting out as of late, and his likes swear words.

For what it's worth, his older videos (Pretty much anything Top Gun and backwards) are still great, and I do enjoy watching his console reviews (For the information value). He's just lost that lovin' feelin'. Man I hate it when he does that.

Tonight's feature: A look at Top Gun: The Second Mission. Is it bad? Is it good? Is it a good way to waste five minutes?

I played a pretty good round of Outbreak last night with two pros, The_Unbroken and VR_SOLDIER. This game was actually the reason I bought a PS2. Watch and enjoy.

2 comments:

Wizwar100 said...

Yeah, I agree, his fanboys are stupid (AVGN Nazis) and blind (AVGN took a shit on the streets! I'm lovin it!) oh god do I hate fanboys...

and AVGN, well I think he started to get stale, ever since joining game trailers and yeah, it just doesn't feel like the good old ANN we use to watch, I mean I don't dislike the new stuff, except for Silver Surfer and Independence Day, those are just bad

Goose said...

I don't know. I do not think this one was terrible . . .and I do not think his fans are Nazi's either. But I have to agree his Independence Day one was terrible . .mostly because you couldn't see the GD game. I do not know James personally really, but the look on his face when he is in shot with the SA guys says a lot to me.