Thursday, August 9, 2007

The Bastard Incestuous Lovechild

Lately I've been gaming and job hunting. I figured I'd spend this as my last true summer break before joining the daily grind like everybody else.

The pawn shop in town had a lot of $3 NES games and I felt obligated to buy out as many of them as I could, regardless if they were crap. Somebody else actually bought a copy of Athena there before I did. That's frightening.

One of the games I got which I've been trying to comprehend is Rocket Ranger. Without going too far into it, I would bill it as the bastard incestuous lovechild of Risk and the Three Stooges NES game.

It will be getting it's own video with commentary, although I may not bill it as a full-scale review, moreso just a display of how screwed up it is.

The following is a video of a cheat (or possibly glitch) to get to the last part of the game. See the way to do the code here.



This is also the third NES game I can think of where Nazis were blatantly censored and replaced with something stupid.



Also, IrateGamer has a new video out. It's a good retrospective of Super Mario Bros. 2.

1 comment:

westercraft said...

Awesome, Irate gamer is top notch! He seems to be a pretty nice guy too